Remember when getting braces was a dreadful experience? All those metal wires, embarrassing headgear and painful adjustments. Thanks to advancements in technology, you no longer have to worry about hiding your smile or waiting years for straighter teeth. With six month braces, you not only have a shorter treatment schedule but the brackets are clear and the wires are natural, tooth-colored.
However, like traditional braces, there are a few instructions to keeping up with your oral health care especially as you get back to a busy schedule. Here are some tips for keeping that smile beautiful as you head back to school.
- Make sure to pack your backpack with floss, a toothbrush and toothpaste so you can keep your braces free of debris after you eat.
- Carry orthodontic wax to alleviate any discomfort and don’t forget to carry extra rubber bands in case you lose them or any break.
- Consider using a dental water pick after lunch, which can be a super quick way to cleanse your mouth.
- Pack a mirror in your lunch, pocket, or place in your locker so you can quickly and easily fix any problems.
- Remember to avoid sticky, chewy and crunchy foods that can easily break a wire or bracket. Consider sticking to sandwiches, cheeses, fruits, yogurt, and cut vegetables into small bite sized pieces.
- Drink plenty of water to wash away food and debris. Try to avoid sugary beverages that could stain teeth and braces.
- Also, if you play sports, make sure you’re wearing a mouth guard to protect your mouth and braces.
Our team at Bonita Del Rey Dental in Chula Vista is excited for the new school year! If you have any questions on these tips, please feel free to call our office.
Are You A Candidate For Six Month Braces?
Maybe you’ve considered making adjustments to your own smile. Not just kids are getting braces these days. In fact, with the cutting edge technology, more and more adults are leading the trend in braces.
With Six Month Braces, you don’t have to worry about lengthy, unsightly treatment and can enjoy a beautiful smile with a fast and discreet solution.
If you would like to find out if you’re a candidate for Six Months Braces, please give us a call (619) 482-3264 to schedule an appointment. Alternatively, you can complete and submit the ‘Request An Appointment’ form that can be found on our main website. We look forward to meeting you soon!