October is National Orthodontic Health Month! And what better way to kick off this month, than to get the facts about orthodontics. You may be surprised by what you learn reading the below orthodontic facts.
General Orthodontic Facts
- Kids and teens aren’t the only ones getting a straighter smile these days. In fact, more than 1.2 million adults in the U.S. received orthodontic treatment in 2012, the most recent numbers available from the American Association of Orthodontists.
- Perfecting your smile isn’t the only reason orthodontic treatment is important. Often times crowding or crooked teeth can impact speech, cause premature wear on the teeth, possible jaw injuries and other issues.
- Traditional wire braces, dating back 300+ years, are no longer your only option for straightening your teeth. Clear braces and aligners are other possibilities!
Six Month Smiles
- A straighter smile with traditional braces takes at least 12-18 months, but with Six Month Braces you really can achieve straighter teeth in just 6-8 months.
- Six Month Braces use subtle clear brackets and natural, tooth-colored wires.
- The key to completing treatment quickly is a combination of using the latest technology and focusing on moving the teeth that show most when you smile.
“While many adults love the Six Month Smiles option, not everyone is a candidate. That’s why we offer free consultations. So we can determine the best treatment for you,” says Dr. Espinosa.
- Virtually invisible, Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of clear, custom-made aligners.
- For best results, you wear these aligners for 20-22 hours every day, switching to a new set approximately every two weeks.
- Invisalign can treat over-crowding, cross bites, overbites and more. But again, not everyone is a candidate. You will want to talk to your dentist to find out the best orthodontic solution for you.
At Bonita Del Rey Dental Care, we are proud to offer our patients quality cosmetic dental care. If you are interested in straightening your teeth contact our office today and we’ll schedule a free consultation to discuss your options.